Tuesday, March 19, 2013

#7 The Teacher As A Promoter Of Peace In The Workplace In The Community


REACTION about the article “What Teachers Really Want to Tell Parents?”
This article talks about the issue on how some parents treats and deals the teachers like us.
After reading this article, I just realized how hard and stressful to be on this profession. Before, I thought that if I will become a teacher, the respect will be given on me automatically since I see teachers as respectable human being, but on this article all that changed. I realized that not all people especially the parents of your pupils will give respect to you even if you didn’t violate any law.
I feel so pity to those parents who are very protective to their child because they control and hold their child’s development. When you saw your child crying inside the classroom, don’t get angry, don’t shout, don’t make any scandal, don’t over react, instead ask the teacher what happened. Teachers doesn’t know how to make untrue story, when they say something to you, believe it coz teachers never trained to be liar, we are trained to be a Role Model.
                As a future educator, I planned to avoid such kind of issues that happened in this article. When I started teaching, at the very beginning of the class before the formal school year starts, I will call for a general meeting to tell to all the parents of my upcoming pupils to tell the Rules and Regulations, DO’s and DON’Ts in my class. I will also let them decide on how do they want me to discipline their child,  and make them clear that Grades of the pupils will only be dependent on their children’s tests and performance.

No comments:

Post a Comment