Wednesday, March 20, 2013

#10 Distance Education The Global Teacher



















Name:  Vinuya, Jhonalyn J.
Section:  BEEd4-3
Contact Number:0917-4177-506.

EDUC 165 Distance Learning

            Distance Learning (EDUC 165) is a type of educating students thru the use of media and new technologies like computers, video recorder and others; we didn’t have to go to our University to attend class discussion or to meet with our instructor. The learners were taking their time to study their lesson using computer and they were required to make their own blog in which they could used for sending their assignments and tasks that given to them by their instructor thru the used computer and internet connection too.
 PROS
1.   be able to learn anytime and anywhere
2.  can study and work alone
3. not required to be present at discussion
CONS
1. not sensible if there is no internet connection
2. Tendency to duplicate or copy the output of others
3. cannot make use if there is no electricity


EVALUATION OF THE COURSE

EDUC 165 Distance Learning, gives me so much experience that I can used in the future. It allows me to browse and explore my knowledge on using new technologies like computers and make my own blog. And gives me additional experience on how to properly used technologies like internet because I only rent one on a computer cafe to connect to the internet and I should have to really manage my time in using the connection so that all the things and information that could help me finish my works.
This subject is very useful because it updated us to the new trends and issues in our society but “for us who are taking our practice teaching outside the campus it is not that good especially when the time allotted to complete the tasks is very little since not all students have their own computers or laptop or if they have it, the problem again is that they do not have internet connection at home. Longer time for completing the task should be given so that all students could achieve and finish it because like what I said, we are also taking our practice teaching and we all know that being a practice teacher commits a lot of responsibilities like making and writing our daily lesson plans, making instructional materials at night time and teaching our students in day time. And at our times, we have Saturday class.”- this is my first evaluation about this course BUT since our Instructor is very open-minded and understanding, she gives us an extension and move the deadline in passing all the tasks and it was really cherished; to see and feel that our Instructor have care and concern for us. Since the submission was moved, we didn’t have to rush ourselves to answer all the modules. It allows us to gain self-esteem and self-confidence, trained us to be a computer literate, and challenged our patience and reading comprehension especially our skills in following instructions.
But I still have one comment, it’s the recording of videos for the tasks storytelling and music video, I find it too hard to accomplish because I do not have yet my own digital camera that I need to use in recording my video.
But to sum it up, it was a big accomplishment on our part to finish the tasks despite of the problems that we encountered. I learned many new things especially to become computer literate since the main tool to do these tasks is to use a computer or new technologies.
I am also thankful and honored to have Ms. Vanie as our Instructor in this subject without her support, guidance and understanding, we could not make it. Thank you Ma’am.:)


No comments:

Post a Comment